Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you need to visit. The city is third largest within France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and cultural heritage. Some of its structures and galleries have been indexed by world heritage site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit as well as explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during 12th and the 13th century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been closed for hopes and are kept for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and it was started in 11th century AD. There is a great regard and value for this amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that is made in the actual English style of architecture. The actual park was built during the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks associated with France. It is a great place for family excursions and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the park include a big greenhouse, organic garden along with a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been additional where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances and dance shows. The glass ceiling of the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is another fascinating appeal. The aquarium tank is located around the outskirts of the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fish and other marine life species have been kept here. Many informative classes and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal spot for the dancing lovers. This particular theater has been dedicated to dance where you can discover various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest retail center in France. The mall has got the presence of almost all the major brands on the planet. But avoid this place every sunday as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best places in France to determine and discover fÃªte des lumiÃ¨res Ã Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the 3rd largest town and second largest metropolitan area in France. This city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city was founded by the Romans and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km away from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East associated with France between two rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to go to in the month of Sept and October.